February 1, 2012

What Would You Do?

What if the Lord told you to leave all of your things and just go.
Would you follow?

If He asked you to set aside the plans you had envisioned for yourself, and pick up a new set that required whole lot of faith and a heart full of trust.
Would you follow?

If He asked you to leave a life of security, for a life in which each day was unknown.
Would you follow?

What if the life you once knew would soon be going on without you, would you respond with shouts of praise or would tears of sadness overcome you?

I lay in bed last night thinking about these very questions.  What would I do?  What would I say if I was asked to leave my family, my friends, and this comfortable, safe bubble that I live in, to follow wherever the Lord asked me to go?  Would I trade in my excessive wardrobe for just the clothes on my back?  Would I give up my generous allowance for just what is necessary to get by? And would I exchange the countless hours I spend on pinterest and online shopping for time spent spreading the gospel to those who desperately need to hear it?

My best friend, Allison, is reading a book about a girl who's answer to this hard question was "Yes, I'll go".  In the book Kisses from Katie, Katie Davis traded her life of abundance and security, for a new life in Uganda, where she had nothing but the 14 children of whom she adopted.  She is 22 years old and her life already depicts an image of what selfless devotion to the Lord looks like.  I am inspired by this girl, who is not much older than myself. 

D.L. Moody once wrote, "Use me then, my Savior, for whatever purposes and in whatever way you may require.  Here is my poor heart, an empty vessel; fill it with your grace." 

So, would you follow?  
Something to ponder to my friends.