April 13, 2011

I'm a blue.

I am more than willing to admit that I am the sappy type.  I am a total goob when it comes to a lot of things... I find a reason to cry in almost every movie, I absolutely melt when I see old people holding hands, and I was truly convinced, after watching "The Princess Diaries", that it wasn't a good kiss if your foot didn't POP.  If this isn't proof enough that I am sappy, then maybe I should tell you that after being forced to take a personality test as a group activity in class, it is official...

Hello, my name is Lindsay Botwinick and I am a blue. 

Now, this only makes sense if you understand the logistics of this, oh so, scientific test.  We were each given a questionnaire, that contained different groups of words in which we were supposed to choose the word that described us best.  30 or so words later, and we were magically given our personality type described in a color...I am a blue, and believe me, this color could not describe me more perfectly.  So what exactly does being a blue mean.  

Here are a few of the characteristics of a blue described by this test:
  • BLUES need connection – the sharing of rich, deep emotions that bind people together.
  • As a BLUE, you will often sacrifice a great deal of time, effort, and/or personal convenience to develop and maintain meaningful relationships throughout your life.
  • BLUES seek opportunities to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated.
  • Everything you do as a BLUE has to be quality-based, or you won’t do it at all.- (this sounds like something only a diva would do :) )
  • BLUES have distinct preferences and are the most controlling of the four personalities, although they may not acknowledge (or even realize) the fact.- (well this is comforting, insert sarcasm HERE)
  • BLUES are extremely passive, avoid conflict, and suppress problems.- (this is freakishly true)
  • BLUES tend to be moody- (hate admitting this one!)
  • And most of all, BLUES' capacity for emotional depth is remarkable.- (aka- my sappiness is extremely prevalent)  

Clearly, there is no fighting the facts, I am a Blue.  And, I wouldn't want to be any other color.  I love that Taylor Swift songs have the ability to make me cry, and that I dream of the day when someone special will be waiting for me in the rain (cough cough, just an idea Andrew!).  This strong emotional heartstring, God plays upon every single day.  I am a goober for a lot of things, but God's little "love notes" are my favorite.  He knows exactly how to romance this very emotional blue.


So, thank you Lord.

Love,
your forever grateful BLUE