April 27, 2011

In Him, I find rest

I hope that all 12 of my followers did not file a missing person report, because my very long absence from the blogger world was due to none other than a little thing I like to call...

Exam
WEEK! 


That is right...a week chopped full of too much coffee, too little sleep, and the, oh so, pleasant gifts left by stress himself... PIMPLES.  Well, the good news is that it is Wednesday, which means I am halfway done with this horrendous week!  Now, it feels like it has taken about a year to get to this point, but for the first time I have been able to breathe just a little bit more (and finally get back to blogging!).  I can only imagine that when this week is over, the feeling will be so liberating and overwhelming that my body just may go into literal shock!

With stress being my most trusty and loyal companion this week (and come to think of it, all MONTH), I  have had to continue to lift my eyes to the Lord to find peace in the midst of all the chaos; and, oh how gracious He has been to me.  No matter how hopeless my situation may seem, I know where I can find absolute peace and rest.  This morning, my break down of all break downs occurred conveniently before my 8 o'clock exam.  I was emotionally and physically exhausted, and the weight that I had placed upon my own shoulders had done its toll on my emotional state.  All I could do was cry out to the Lord, and wait for the comfort that I knew I could rely on in Him.  And, it wasn't long until He was easing my worries one page at a time in my devotional.  These are the words of today's devotion...

Come to Me with empty hands and an open heart, ready to receive
abundant blessings.  I know the depth and breadth of your neediness.
Your life-path has been difficult, draining you of strength.  
Come to Me for nurture.  Let me fill you up with My Presence: 
I in you, and you in Me.
My power flows most freely into weak ones aware of their need for Me.
Faltering steps of dependence are not lack of faith;
they are links to My Presence.
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall,
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
they will run and not grow weary;
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:29-31


WOW.  He knows exactly how to ease my worries and fears.  He sings me a melody and puts me to rest in His green pasture.  This is our God, who amazes me each and every day.  

Whatever stress or anxious thoughts that are weighing down your already weary body, let them go now and give them up to the Lord.  I promise that you won't be disappointed!