May 5, 2011

Confessions (from) a shopaholic

Lets get real for a minute...
from one fashionable girl to another, can you keep a secret...
You must know that I have not told this to ANYONE...
A secret SO huge, I could only choose to share it with my most dedicated readers...
Here it goes...

I
Lindsay Botwinick
may be,
kinda,
sort of,
a

SHOPAHOLIC!

Ok, ok so its not the biggest secret in the world, I admit!
But with this bold proclamation, it sure does sound like I am making
a step in the right direction on the road to recovery from
SHOPAHOLISM, right??

Unfortunately, it is still something that I battle with each and every shopping trip.  But, for the sake of my (I mean, my parent's) wallet I promise it is something I am really working on!

There is only ONE person, I believe, who can truly understand this addiction that I struggle with... her name is Rebecca Bloomwood (Complusive-shopper extraordinaire).  She is the main character of the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic.  Throughout the entirety of the film, I was amazed to see bits of myself coming out scene after scene.  In one quote, she epitomizes my shopping experience!

"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better, but then it's not, and I need to do it again"
Rebecca Bloomwood

Ms. Bloomwood, I could not have said it better myself. 


Let's take a look at an ordinary day in the life of a shopaholic...

 It is the face of determination... chin up and head held high, 
the girl is on a mission to find that perfect piece that will try (but of course fail)
 to complete the never ceasing wardrobe.




Sticker shock as some would say... a deal has been found that
is too good to be true.  There is no backing out now...




ELATION at a new purchase! Who knew the gratification
of one item could feel so good!  Surely this happiness
will never go away...




Oh how far the mighty have fallen!  Elation no more...
all that is left is an empty wallet, too many clothes, too little space,
and REGRET as your only friend.




If this shopping experience describes you...Well, you just might be a shopaholic too!


(Side effects may vary!) 

Au Revoir, my fellow Shopaholics!  May you all have a very Happy Thursday :)