May 23, 2011

Today is the day that the Lord has made

 

Once again, I have been amazed by God's ability to read my confused mind and ease my worried heart.  Why this surprises me?  I have no idea, but this morning He presented me with a message that my ears and my heart desperately needed to hear.  The first line from my favorite devotional book (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young), said this....

"APPROACH EACH NEW DAY with desire to find Me."

As soon as I read this, God had my full and undivided attention.  

It went on to talk about how before I had even gotten out of bed, God had already shaped the path that would get me through this day.  So, as I hit the snooze button 10 times to delay the inevitable reality of  getting up and being bombarded by a busy day, the Lord waits with excitement for me to roll out of bed and see all that HE has been planning!

Well, if that didn't make me feel bad for still laying drowsily in my bed, it sure did wake me up! Ok, now I am eager to see what God has been planning, because I am struggling to just find a place to breath on my to-do list for today.  

I continue on with my reading, and it is not but two seconds later that my question is answered...
It reads:

"There are hidden treasures strategically placed along the way.  Some of the treasures are trials, designed to shake you free from earth-shackles.  Others are blessings that reveal My Presence: sunshine, flowers, birds, friendships, answered prayers."

While I was worrying about how I was going to fit GOD into my to-do list, He brings me back and reminds me that He is always present in our lives no matter how busy our schedule is.  We shouldn't even have to wait for His trials or blessings to remind us that He is there.  We should constantly be aware of His presence, and seeking glimpses of His Holiness daily. 

The message of this devotional was tied perfectly together in this last line...

"Search for deep treasure as you go through the day.  You will find Me all along the way."

This is my prayer for TODAY.